Sunday, September 23, 2012

A Dream

I never suspected I could be capable of murder (however involuntary). I was making a visit to a past love with the innocent intention of borrowing his old textbook, for the costs of school books have become absurd. We spent time lounging around his apartment while catching up with each other’s lives. Even though the conversations were pleasant, it was getting late, and so I knew it was time to ask him to kindly fetch the book. As time drew on and he did not return, I decided to check if all was right.  I opened the creaking door and called out “Javier!”, and there he was standing there on one leg, balancing on a rickety beam. As soon as his name left my lips, his balance was as good as gone, and there he plummeted down to his death. Then I woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment